Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family and Swan Valley

My Family came up for the week and we had a bunch of fun.
We made curtains for some windows, hung some pictures and painted chairs to help out with our apartment. We also were able to go up to Idaho/Wyoming with the Olsens to their beautiful home for some R&R and fly fishing. It was gorgeous up there and so much fun to be with my family (minus brooke &tess but we will see them soon.)
checking out the Tetons or according to Faye, "What are the Te-tods?"
my parents with the olsens that gave us a wonderful weekend!
saw a young moose hanging out in the lily pads and the lupine flower (from the book Miss. Rumphius)
We went horseback riding up a canyon that was absolutely beautiful. Dane has never been on a horse before so we had to go. It was so much fun! Dane kept wanting his horse to just start running and go with it. Horseback riding was so great (minus all the mosquito bites!)
Later that same day we all went fly fishing which has started a new obsession for dane. He was loving it and learning how to tie all the knots (since I have no idea how) and getting the technique down better than me and caught 6 or 7 fish in a few hours. 
Here is faye and my dad with her fish she reeled in
my own brown trout I snatched. Slimy thing.
The fly went through his mouth to his eye. yuck. hopefully he is getting better.
Dane casting...
and learning
It is the Master and the Apprentice.
and one of the many fish he caught
It was such a fun weekend and loved that my family came up.
Dane is looking forward to the next time he can go out and fly fish :) hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. We had alot of fun with you and Dane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 27, 2010

    Awe Chels it looks like you had so much fun! I'm going fishing tomorrow! Not fly fishing though, one of these days I'll learn.

    ReplyDelete