Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Lexington, Virgina

After the beach we drove up to my grandparents house in near Lexington, Virginia
It is so pretty back there and I love all the history that surrounds the area
On our way we stopped in Williamsburg since Dane has never actually been to the East Coast for a visit.
I don't have my picture uploaded
We walked along the streets and saw an introductory video with terrible acting. But it was fun being with Brooke Bret and the girls.
We made it to my grandparents house and I haven't been there probably since I was 13 or younger.
This is the back of their home and the land they have back there. It is so beautiful
I love their windows they have in their house that looks out to an awesome view


Dane and I were only able to have one full day there because we had to head back on monday
my grandpa took us around the town and gave us the history of everything
he showed us the old cabin my great grandpa cash lived in
it was fun, but very hot and humid out!

during our tour at a lookout

My cousin Ryan is basically a stud.. and he not only goes to VMI {virginia military institute} but he also wrestles for them too.
He showed us around Lexington and gave us all the history of VMI.
It was so interesting and I cannot believe all the stuff those guys go through. They are such hard workers.

Ryan was our tour guide and even had a little following of other random people that wanted to hear the crazy stories he told us

Stonewall Jackson in front of VMI



In front of VMI

here is a picture of the barracks where the students live

After VMI we quickly crossed the line over to Washington and Lee University that is literally right next to VMI
We stopped and looked at the chapel there, very very pretty
I love all the buildings there and the character Lexington has

That was the end of our trip!
We had such a blast, I am hoping Dane and I can head to D.C. and New York soon and see more places together.


3 comments:

  1. I love that random people joined your "private tour." Your grandparents place is beautiful, I can't believe all that land they have. That is awesome. I really want to vacation on the East coast, now you're REALLY making me want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having you there, it was awesome just wished you could have stayed a little longer:) See you friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Can't wait to see you at Sano Monday night. xo

    ReplyDelete