Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the honeymoon

dane and i had a wonderful honeymoon
we were completely spoiled
we jumped on the plane and headed to Kauai for the north shore in princeville with a whole house to ourselves.

we went snorkeling almost everyday, hiking, swimming, on a boat tour, chasing turtles, monk seals popping up trying to share our beach space, more hiking, and plenty of sleeping and eating :) my favorite things.

at hanalei bay, so beautiful and calm

we went on a boat tour and it was fantastic. check out that water! mm we loved that.
the crew on the boat is awesome they are hilarious. I highly recommend a boat tour on kauai. You see things that you wouldn't be able to see from the island
the na pali coast hike is normally 2 miles to the beach, 2 miles back.
we went on the 2 miles to the beach then 2 more miles in the waterfalls and it was a trip. jumping boulders and getting lost off the trail but the waterfall was gorgeous. Dane jumped in but I am too much of a wimp (it was cold!) 
round trip the total was 8 miles.
because we were so smart, we only took one water bottle each and left food in the cooler back at the car. I was dying and so hungry, dane was too but he is a lot tougher than I am.
I am surprised I made it back out. Plus I was hiking in my moms boots that are a tad small and the bottom started ripping off on mile 3. yay. :/
at the falls
this has to be one of my favorite pictures of the 2 of us
i think everyone looks ridiculous in goggles. especially when you try and smile.
we love snorkel faces
our favorite was eating at bubbas burgers (3x) and getting teriyaki burgers plus onion rings are to die for. I want some again very soon..
and to top it off with some shave ice from the Wishing Well truck. 
Make sure you have your order right or else the mean woman who works there will yell at you. It is kind of like the soup nazi.
but man, that shave ice was amazing and you add a snow cap (condensed milk) on the top. delish.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a blast on the honeymoon! Darling pictures!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete