Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lake Powell

we ventured to lake powell this past weekend with 3 other couples
our friends Abby and Chris put the whole trip together and brought up 2 other couples from flagstaff where they all live.
It was such a fun trip, dane and i have never been to lake powell and we loved it.
when can we go back?
It was an eventful trip:
getting stuck in the sand, boats breaking down, wind and lots of wind, annoying neighbors, wakeboarding, water weenie-ing, boating and lots of sun.
our beach camp set up
holding up the orange flag
dane wakeboarding.
he was so good and taught me how :)
I wasn't as good, but I did get up on my 3rd try woohoo! 
It was awkward but fun, I kept trying to get low like surfing or snowboarding.
Hopefully I'll get it soon maybe next time...
here is chris and abby that put it together. they are awesome!
My favorite moment happened just after this picture...
the girls got on the water weenie for a "leisurely" ride to fill the boat up with gas.
we ran into a few bumps and turns that wouldn't be categorized with leisure but still we were having fun. We are moving along when we pass the gas station and we keep going and going towards the dam 
(where huge catfish are supposed to hang out)
When we first headed out one of the girls said how she felt safe because Dane was watching us and wouldn't let Chris do anything crazy because he knew I wouldn't like that. A compliment to my man, thank you. 
Then.. Dane switches to the driver and he was the only one turning around to make sure we were still on board. When he starts to drive the boat no one, and i mean no one is turning around to look at us. the girls all started talking about how if we fall off they wouldn't even know. 
then we came up with what we thought was the best plan ever..
jump off! to see how long it takes them to notice.
So 2 go to the right and 2 go to the left and we bailed.
We were hysterically laughing and we see the boat keep going and going and going.. and they have no idea! we clump together in the water laughing and watching the boat get further and further away.
As they get pretty far we stop laughing and see a boat coming toward us. We are waving our hands and they went right past us.
We see the boys whip around and fly toward us with the flag up.
I guess on the boat dane turned around as he was driving and noticed we were gone. It was the funniest moment and I don't give it justice.
it was awesome.

6 comments:

  1. As a mother, I don't think it's too funny. You could have gotten hurt.:( Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the new blog! I love the photo at the top! ha.
    I also love that eventhough you are married mom's will still worry and give advice/thoughts...:)
    I also told your mom to share with you some funny conversations I have had with Kendall lately where your name has been mentioned...thank you for your example!!!!! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA, of course the boys wouldn't notice you girls jumping off! That is hilarious. Good thing you planned it and there wasn't just one random girl floating around the lake somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing trip!!! we need to get planning for our next ;) Still to this day I laugh when I think of our scheme.. SO FUNNY!!! Cute BLOG and it was fun to see some of your wedding pictures. I MISS YOU!!!! Hope you guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great! You're making me want to go to the beach now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea, I'm hurt.... This is Chris by the way. You'll probably never read this but your blog says Dane taught you to wakeboard, if that's how you remember it then fine. But next time you want to go out wakeboarding you'll be getting no more advice from me....

    ReplyDelete