Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

artweekend in SLC


I am very excited about the art weekend in salt lake coming in october.
Lately I have been craving some sort of artistic outlet and this will be perfect.
I enrolled in 3 classes (sorry dane--**I told him I would just pick two**)
But I couldnt help it, I wish I could have picked all of them. There are atleast 4 others I am dying to try.

I start on Friday, the 8th and I am taking an Illustrator Basics class
I have been itching to learn more about illustrator and I am looking forward to this
The only bummer.. they are on CS5 now--I only have CS3-I am outdated.
fun illustrator things i'll learn..
The other class that I wasn't planning on taking is a Calligraphy class on Saturday the 9th.
Ya, sounds old and boring but look how cute it can be

doesn't that look so fun? I can write cute YoungWomen handouts, or make something fun.. I just thought I would never have the option to take a class like this again. So why not!?


the last class I am taking is Watercolors. I love painting (I am not good at all) but there is something so relaxing about it that it is fun for me to do. I have painted with watercolor but I wasnt paying attention to techniques or anything. I am looking forward to this watercolor class so I can mess around and have an excuse to get new art supplies :)
pretty huh?
and look she has the calligraphy integrated in her watercolors.. maybe I will learn how to do this and make pretty little things for our home.

Its just a month away and sign ups run out fast
anyone want to sign up and do them with me? 
look up the classes here 

1 comment:

  1. you are so talented it makes me sick! Seriously you need to get good with illustrator so you can make me cute cards and stuff!

    ReplyDelete