Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

birthday/sick but fun weekend


Dane's birthday was on Friday, I cooked him one of his favorites (chicken pillows) and later left for his brothers football game. On Saturday we went to the Utah football game in the afternoon (they won) then after went back to our place for a dinner-birthday get together for dane. It was fun to have some old and new friends there. We love Danes friends :) and Dane was such a good sport because through all of this he was not feeling well. (poor guy--on his birthday) 
we had spaghetti and homemade meatballs (recipe from my mom), burned garlic bread (i forgot about it) loft house cookies (danes favorite) and bean dip (from Ann)
(Recipe for Bean Dip *for melanie*)
1 can Refried beans
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 cup salsa
8oz Sour Cream
blend in blender
add shredded cheddar cheese - reblend
bake at 350 for 20 minutes
easy.
Dane on his birthday with his new shoes I gave him
don't you love them?
Sunday we went to Danes parents house for Dane favorite curry soup dinner (It was very good and creamy) and had cake with the Van Ry side. We had a very fun weekend :) 

now that the weekend is over, Dane is still feeling sick but recovering and now I am feeling terrible today. So in between reading for American Heritage (blah) I copied this picture.. 
I like to look through etsy and I found this and copied it


definitely not as good as the original :) hah definitely not. but it was fun and passed the time being sick.
now dane just needs to hurry home

3 comments:

  1. ok you are joking me! You made that picture by free hand? That is AMAZING! I love it! Sorry you don't feel good :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can share that at the yw talent show.... that's awesome! thanks for having us over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya share the picture at the YW talent show!! Great idea Amanda! Thats for a fun party and the great recipe. I am way excited to make it. See you tonight. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete